Monday, February 28, 2011

[lots of pictures!]

Oh No! A stream! Whatever shall we do?

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
My grace is sufficient for you. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
"The other day I was riding home after a hard day’s work. I was very tired and deeply depressed, when quickly, and as suddenly as a lightning bolt, the verse came to me: “My grace is sufficient for you.” When I arrived home I looked it up in the Word, and it finally came to me this way: “MY grace is sufficient for you.” My response was to say, “Yes, Lord, I should think it is!” Then I burst out laughing.
Until that time, I had never understood what the holy laughter of Abraham was. This verse seemed to make unbelief totally absurd. I pictured a thirsty little fish who was concerned about drinking the river dry, with Father River saying, “Drink away, little fish; my stream is sufficient for you.” I also envisioned a mouse afraid of starving after seven years of plenty, when Joseph says to him, “Cheer up, little mouse; my granaries are sufficient for you.” Again, I imagined a man high on a mountain peak, saying to himself, “I breathe so many cubic feet of air every year, I am afraid I will deplete all the oxygen in the atmosphere.” But the earth says to him, “Breathe away, filling your lungs forever; my atmosphere is sufficient for you.”
O people of God, be great believers! Little faith will bring your souls to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven to your souls." –Charles H. Spurgeon
[one sixty two]
2.26.11


I am happy to report that we had a wonderful time in KC. Friday night we went straight to Karie's place for "Bible" study... we actually watched a video on racism from Answers in Genesis. Then we played some games before going home. Saturday morning we had to wake up early to go to the Voice of the Martyrs conference. I especially enjoyed the second speaker, Bob Fu. That afternoon we went for a walk in the woods and when we were coming back into the yard the boys ambushed us with snowballs! :{ Haha. Sunday the four of us made a cake for church and with writing icing made a heart with our names all around it, and then when we weren't watching Nathaniel and Gabe put their names on it too! The impostors! Then before going to church we sang together a little bit, and it was really fun!! I can't wait to see them so we can do it again =) And because I love them....

~Shaina
Bre killing Sam at the mound of the 300



[one sixty three]
2.27.11


[one sixty four]
2.28.11

2 comments:

  1. lol @the first picture. Is that a joke on the Greeks under Xenophon? How they didn't want to cross the Tigris river after their defeat at the Battle of Cunaxa? :) If so, ROFL!!!!!

    Jack

    P.S. I just noticed that I'm the one guy in 10 girls who read this blog... oh well lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I hadn't thought of that, but it should be!!
    Well you're a valiant guy! Haha.

    ReplyDelete