Saturday, February 5, 2011

[birthday bash]

[one forty] 2.4.11 Sylvia and Dad with their Bibles during devotions yesterday.
Allyson watching Aunt Diane light the candles quite intently.
I had a great time at Uncle John and Aunt Diane's yesterday. Furthermore, Papa John said it was the best birthday party he'd ever had. Just goes to show that the best is indeed yet to come. Grandma went to Sams and dropped Sami and I off at Khol's, where we got a tremendous deal on a pair of fancy boots! We got them 80 percent off, that makes them $20. And I've been looking for something like that for ages! Hopefully I'll get some pictures of them up sometime soon. If not... well, you'll just have to bear it. ;) Catherine, I'm sure that you're fast asleep or going to sleep as I'm writing this =) Sweet dreams! (I'm writing at about 5:30 pm here) Anyway, Sam and I also got a couple of shirts at Khol's and then we went back to Uncle John's place and had a wonderful Chinese dinner. Aunt Cindy and Uncle David were there too... I was so happy to see them! I played a little piano (I officially hate keyboards) and talked to Uncle John for quite a while while he picked on his banjo. Yes, banjo. Never thought I'd see him playing a banjo. Today was pick up time, as the house was a complete wreak. I felt really bad today, please pray that it was just a result of the late night and not a bug that will go around the whole family. Anyway, to the pictures! I don't have a ton, but hopefully you'll enjoy them =)

Peacefully,
Shaina
[one forty one] 2.5.11
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil; for Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou hast anointed my head with oil;
My cup overfloweth.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23

The glory of the Lord is forever. All glory to Him, and Him alone.

Sylvia with the finished product! We've put this one away and have a new one on the table!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, and I still don't have enough comments to account for all the votes! What did YOU vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shaina, I wish I had been asleep when you wrote this post! No such luck unfortunately. Please try to catch a couple of winks for me. :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! What was going on? Sleep tight tonight! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the best way to answer your question is simply to state that my life has been crazy and I am averaging 0130.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete