Monday, September 19, 2011

[three fifty eight&nine]

[three fifty eight]
A beautiful sunrise after the rain on Sunday morning. It was more beautiful in real life; the clouds underneath the sun were dark and ominous yet the hilltops were flooded with sunlight. It would have been neat to see a rainbow :)
9.18.11

Dripping pears.


BANGS. I can't decide if they're cute or if I look like a twelve year old from the ninties.

light. morning. sun. gold. sunflower. glow. <3



Nother picture of the bangs :)


Sometimes I feel super retarded.. probably because I am ;) This spontaneous photoshoot being one of those times.... in athletic shorts and a teeshirt... Yeah.
Oh my back. Ouch.
Well I know a man who's been doing some thinking
He's as bitter and cold as the whiskey he's drinking
He's talking 'bout fear, about chances not taken
If you listen to him you can hear his heart breaking
He says "One day you're born and the next day you're dead
I wish way back when someone had said
Seize the day, seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the day"
Well one thing I've noticed, wherever I wander
Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander
You can do what you will with the days you are given
I'm trying to spend mine on the business of living
So I'm singing my songs off of any old stage
You can laugh if you want, I'll still say
Seize the day, seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the day
I marked that one line in bold.. because that's what I've been doing lately. I've not been too concerned about posting every day, or even taking wonderful photos. I'd rather drink in the day. I'm not feeling the "need" to post every day. To stay caught up with things like this. I'm staying caught up with God and my school and living happily instead. I'm not saying it's not possible to do both; it just is better for me right now. I'm enjoying it. And I can't believe how far along in this project I am. It's not sinking in, haha.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, Shaina! I especially liked the ones of the sky. ;) Also, I agree with your list of priorities. I am certain that family time is part of what you meant by living happily. God bless!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bangs!! I should get mine cut again because I'm starting to resemble a sheep dog lol
    -Abigail H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls :)
    Haha, Abbey... that gives me a mental image of the sheep dogs in Looney Toons :D
    http://www.homiesonfire.com/looneytoons/SamSheepdog.gif

    ReplyDelete