Saturday, April 2, 2011

[one ninety five]
4.1.11
Standing amidst the rubble
Of your own destruction and shame,
You cry out to God
And He touches your humble frame.

"Fear not, my child:
Though you once pushed me away,
I am ever patient
And redeemed you this day."

An original poem that came to me the other day.

The metal indians on the way to Emporia the yesterday. The clouds were
awesome. :) I heart KS.
 Last night we watched Tangled at Aunt Cindy's house. It was really good :) It was just a really fun movie, even though they over-musicalized it imo. Although the duet *was* really pretty! Today I drew a picture of Rapunzel and Flynn :) :) :) Yeah... Dad, John, and Sam are working on our new deck! I'm so excited.. it's coming along quite well.
Shaina
"Like some kinda heaven shinin' down on me..."

That reflection of the cloud was from the sky, not the camera. Crazy, huh?

Sylvers.

Sam..

Outtake.

[one ninety six]
4.2.11
Me and Levi.. he's so sweet! I love him so much!



5 comments:

  1. I like the poem, Shaina!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaina, my family just finished watching Tangled. It was...different. Parts of it were great fun, parts of it were corny, and parts of it were just wrong. I imagine you know exactly what I am talking about! :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Catherine, I know what you're talking about, but I also think that for Disney they did a really good job with it! The corny songs and questionable message is nothing new with them, and musically wise, they toned it down quite a bit, I think. As far as the message goes, believe it or not, this is actually fairly tame for them as well. I've seen a Disney that I would never let my kids watch because it is simply *not* a kids movie!! It's called the Princess and the Frog.
    Overall, as a young adult, I loved the movie. I can see how it could be a bad influence for younger kids though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point taken. :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete