Thursday, December 23, 2010

[the craziness of the senne house]

12.23.10
My 'puppup' went with me on a walk in the fields today... and it was *cold* out there! Right now I'm hiding Micah's stash of rubber bands (since the kids are having a rubber band war)  and listening to Josiah ask if John can help him change the baby's diaper because "his bottom is like a blimp!" and getting the fatty part of my arm scrunched by Sylvia's fingernails. And we have one very grumpy baby who just woke up from his nap.
My dad is working late... again. Poor daddy has been working so hard! Two weeks ago he worked eighteen hours one day and twenty four the next. And he's working late again tonight. But after that, he's done... for now. I am ready to have my daddy back! 

From this morning's devotions:  "My son, if your heart is wise, My own heart will also be glad; And my inmost being will rejoice, When your lips speak what is right." Proverbs 23:15-16
I love this verse. 
Song: This. I'm not so in love with the verse, but the chorus is adorable :) And the words are really cute in the verse, too. Yeah. 
So I just discovered this font and I'm in love. It's adorable. Yay. Or, as my friend would say, Kewl.  
So I was reading an article on this show "16 and pregnant" and this was one of the comments... I mean, I knew it was bad... I just didn't know it was this bad.  How.. how.. I'm speechless.This doesn't sound like training up a child in the way it should go.
"I am the mother of three teenage girls. We are a Christian family that attends church every week. The youth pastors tell them that abstinence is the only way. However, I am realistic, I didn't wait, and they probably won't either. I hope they wait to have sex until they are at the very least in a committed long-term relationship and hopefully until they are engaged or married. What I told them though is them having sex too soon will be unfortunate but only 1 millionth as devastating as if they have unprotected sex and get an STD for life or get pregnant. A baby will be there responsibility for the rest of their life. I told them if they choose to have sex, I will not judge them and I will help them get birth control/protection."

Soberly,
Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment