Thursday, December 2, 2010

[seventy seven] Speaking of drawing... :) Samantha and I did a little this morning and last night. I drew Astrid and Hiccup from "How to Train Your Dragon." It was SO much fun! And it went well, so I was happy when I finished. I really couldn't care too much less now, however. All of you Scholites, in the spirit of Thanksgiving should be very thankful today that we're only virtual friends. Because since I love to share so much,* if we knew each other in person,  you would be getting a share of my sickness! *collapses on bed* I've actually been sleeping most of the day.

*Very Short Story* The Dethroning of Hulk.

I walk into my bathroom to wet my hair down for the night; it's a little dirty, but not bad, definitely not the worst it's ever been. My eyes peruse the shower curtain and bathrug, both decorated with large, pink and orange flowers. Sitting quietly on the sink is a petite container of flower-scented soap. So far, so good. But wait! What travesty is this hanging very obtrusively on the back of the door? I cannot believe my eyes. A HULK bath towel?!?! Stunned, I slowly regain my composure. My path is clear. The monstrosity must be banished after a fair trial. He has no defense, and we don't have lawyers out here in the sticks. Properly shamed, he makes his way to "Australia," the boy's bathroom. A very proper place for a criminal such as he! Assured of a job well done, I return to the bathroom where the queen of towels is being crowned after being found in the dungeon. It can now be said that "all's well."

Book completed: The Salmon of Doubt, by Douglas Adams. I know one of you Scholites had read some of his stuff or listened to the radio program, I just can't remember who. Anyway, this is a compilation of little articles and stuff he wrote. Funny as always. Although, when I say 'completed,' I'm cheating a bit, as I didn't read cover to cover. Some of his stuff I just skip over, like when he's talking on and on about why he's an atheist or something. Over all it was very good, though.
Wishing I had one of these,
 
Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment