Saturday, December 4, 2010

The story of a goose egg.

[eighty eight]
A day with Uncle David is a happy day. But today is happy cubed, because Aunt Cindy and Uncle Dale are here too! This precious little girl is going to be 5 tomorrow! This morning my lovely mother made a big breakfast for everyone at our place; pancakes, oj, bacon, coffee, and eggs all made an appearance. We sat around the kitchen table listening to Uncle Dale tell stories after breakfast. Seriously, that's what we do when we're around Uncle Dale! He's like the story teller of the family.
This was after the swelling had gone down quite a bit.
Afterwards we went to my grandparent's place, and the kids ran around playing for a while. Well, like my dad says, it's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Josiah was the (first) one. Someone opened a door while he was running past it and he got a hugantic goose egg on his eyebrow! Probably the biggest one I've ever seen! Poor guy. Grandma was commenting on how we hardly heard him from downstairs. It's because he's not a screamer; he's a howler =) *aaaawwwoooooo* Afterwards, I went to town with Uncle Dale, Uncle David, Aunt Cindy, and Sylvia. We went to Bluestem and I got a birthday present for my best friend, and then we got some vittles at Braums. Had a good drive home listening to Uncle Dale tell more stories and jokes. Tomorrow... I have a whole book of Herodotus to look forward to. =P

Listen.  =) I love this.
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/270609_f520.jpgYou can never have too much Calvin and Hobbes!!

My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,  for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. It will be healing to your body. Proverbs 3:1-8 (emphasis added) 

~shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment