Thursday, March 22, 2012

[come morning sun]


Last night, frustrated with myself and broken, I finally called out to God. I wrote in my journal, "He makes all things new." This morning, after three straight days of rain, I woke up to the most glorious sun streaming in my window, washing over the pear tree and backyard. I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and grabbed my camera, of course :) Less than five minutes later it was gone. It was such a wonderful confirmation of the words I wrote last night. 

"Let us begin from this moment to acknowledge Him in all our ways, and do everything, whatsoever we do, as service to Him and His glory, depending upon Him along for wisdom, and strength, and sweetness, and patience." -Hannah Whitall Smith


He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. -Isaiah 40:29


"The sun...in its full glory,
Either at rising or setting-this
And many other like blessings
 we enjoy daily;
And for the most of them,
Because they are so common,
Most men forget to
  pay their praises.
But let not us."
 -Izaak Walton

3 comments:

  1. Shaina, those are absolutely stunning pictures! They sent chills down my spine! Seriously! They're gorgeous! What a sight to wake up to! God is so good and yes, His mercies are new EVERY morning! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marissa!! Honestly, these pictures cannot do the scene justice. Praise Him indeed!!

      Delete