Saturday, March 24, 2012

[twelve/fiftytwo]

BTW, I've gotten some very interesting answers in my polls... Now I'm curious to know who my obsessive checkers are, haha. Thanks to everyone for voting!!
creepy sam.

warning: photographer talk!
Set up: I used a long strip of insulation that I stole from Papa John and Grandma. I set it up on the floor, running behind and around samantha, so it wrapped around to camera left. Window light came in from camera right. We were rushed for time, so I only did one eye, haha... which is the reason you never see the other eye. *cough* "Fake it til you make it" is totally my mantra, haha. Never used  a reflector insulation before, so the last pictures of the shoot are much different than the first. Samantha is such an amazing/willing model. In fact, the light was so bright in her eyes that her eyebawls started watering. Trooper that she is, we kept going. Ok, back into the set up. The shiny background you see is, you guessed it, the reflector. In the next two photos, the sun is reflecting off of the portion you see and blowing it out to white, which I quite like. Also, I really have no idea about makeup either, I just decided to wing it, haha. The application isn't great, but I really like the colors for Sam and they're definitely what I was going for.

[twelve/fiftytwo]

i love the way sam's hair looks in this. which photo of the set is your favorite, and why? comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shaina! Have I mentioned how beautiful your photography has become??

    I love the first one and the third one the most, the second one is too broad. (whatever that means. :) )

    ReplyDelete