Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I have to say, I've absolutely loved this year, with all my heart. But Confessions took first place as my favorite book we've read. Augustine's words spoke to my heart in a way that not many other books have. It was amazing to me how something written 1700 years ago could be so relevant to what I'm thinking and feeling. It was such an encouraging, challenging, and stimulating read. Probably any of you reading this pretty much know that because I was always posting quotes from the book as I read it. I would encourage any of you to read it: it's a pretty short book, and easy to read. (It was an easy two weeks in GB) In many places it reads similarly to a devotional; in others it's more autobiographical; in every part interesting and thought provoking. Augustine had such a questioning, open heart, he feels like an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment