Monday, January 31, 2011

[one thirty five] 1.30.11
More choc chip cookies in the oven; dad's doing a puzzle and listening to music, and all's right with the world.
Sunday we went to Manhattan for church; we met with a family that we've not seen in a long time. After church we went to their place for lunch. They have a little five year old with spina bifida. He is SO cute and SO strong, since he can't use his legs, and SOO talkative. His name is Hezekiah. He has this little lisp too, so he says 'th' instead of 'suh'. He was the most cheerful little guy and Sami and I both fell in love with him.

On another note, I got the sweetest email from Bre the other day... I love her SO much! Bre, if you're reading this..(i'm already home hahha) thanks so much for the email =)
Today we had to go get wood before the big storm hits! We're supposed to get about 16 inches by tomorrow. Sooo, on the one hand yay for snow, on the other hand, go away winter! Ha. So anyway we did wood, then came in and had hot chocolate and read in Thucydides. =) Then we had pretty much the best class ever. Ask me why? Well..... First off, only in online school would you not know if your classmate is a girl or a boy! Everyone was like, "Wah? Oh, you're a GIRL? Wait, *you're* a boy?" Haha. It was great. And then everyone was saying, "I'm a GIRL!" or "I'm a BOY!" and Austin, the one that wants to be a door greeter when he grows up was saying, "Welcome to Schola, I'm a boy!" and Mr. C had to show us pictures of himself to prove his 'guyness'. Also we speculated once more on the correct spelling of 'hott'. Let's just say there's mixed opinions on that subject.

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!"

Once again let me remind you to click on the pictures for a much better view =)
Joyfully,
Shaina
Sami and Hezekiah =)

[the icing on the cake.. i mean grass]

[one thirty six] 1.31.11

5 comments:

  1. Did you save me a cookie? ;)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. No... I'm afraid that by March it wouldn't be so good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss little Hezekiah. He was so sweet. And Shaina, those cookies are going to be the death of me....but what a sweet death...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahhaa.. I love you! And yes, Hezzy was quite sweet. =)

    ReplyDelete