Tuesday, January 11, 2011

[knitted shmitted]

[one eighteen]
My latest creation: a scarf. The purple thing in the middle is the loom I wove it on. Knitting is a perfect activity for when you're sitting by the fire or listening to your mom read out loud from Dickens or *cough* Herodotus. 
Listening: To Il Divo... again. I have my blog up on another tab, and it's playing my theme song =) I should rearrange those so that something else comes up first. 
Thinking: Of this quote from Nathaniel Hawthorne that I ran across in The Scarlet Letter today: "No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true." This is *so* true. I can't tell you how true it is. Honesty always wins out for you, people. 
Reading: The Scarlet Letter. Heh. 
Annnd... tonight is the first new NCIS of the year! *is pumped* 
So, our fireplace is temporarily out of order. Stink. We have been freezing our hineys off here. And this morning when I went to feed my dog, I couldn't find her bowl because it was buried in snow! But other than that life has been pretty good. I'm making my dad's favorite soup, gumbo stew as we speak. =) He loooves it and he looves me when I make it. And when I don't make it. But yeah. Here's the link, if anyone's interested in a spoon lickin' stew. 
Hungrily,
Shaina

2 comments:

  1. So you are reading the Scarlet Letter? I have to say I don't like the book... but I can see why some others do.
    Nice knitting... I have never touched a loom or a needle or one of those giant pokey things that make me think of the Battle of Hastings when Harold II got shot through the eye... *shivers* in my life so I can't really say I have experience there :). HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! You're funny. =) And thank you.

    Yeah, so far I have liked it. It's definitely not a favorite, but I have enjoyed it and I believe it's well written, though it's very old fashioned writing. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete