Thursday, January 6, 2011

[shakespeare]

A sea shell my aunt and uncle brought my sister and I when they came back from their honeymoon. They actually brought a whole bunch of them, that's just one. This picture is so soft and muted. Normally my pictures are full of color and very busy so this is a bit of a change for me.
I read to the kids quite a bit today; I read out of The Silver Chair to Joey, and then before bedtime I read a couple chapters from The Family Under the Bridge to the three littles, and then Go Dogs Go to Levi =) They are so cute. I need to spend more time with them. 
So, some quotes for you =) I snagged this one from Mr. C.
"Reading, especially lectio divina, is not to be reduced to a task that somehow must be fitted in alongside other necessary occupations. To read well one must be at leisure. Disinterested reading involves moving into a different zone that permits placid reflection. A good book, like good wine, cannot be savored in a hurry. It needs room to breathe. A mind cluttered with many preoccupations is not free for reading, nor is a body that cannot sit still and let the world go by without it."

--Michael Casey, Strangers to the City

 

 And this one from Noah's facebook status:
"Holding on to bitterness is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
Don't know who said it... but it's so true. 
"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved. 
Shakespeare, sonnet 116

Somberly,
Shaina

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shaina!
    I love that sonnet, in fact I just memorized it. It always makes me think of Marrianne, so it lends a bit of the dramatic to a Shakespeare sonnet, just what need right ;)
    ~Lolly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too :) And you're absolutely right, it's just what it needs! Sense and Sensibility is one of my very favorite movies =)

    ReplyDelete