Sunday, November 28, 2010

[seventy three]
Try it here.
Listen.

Got to talking with my grandpa on the way into church this morning; he was talking about letters, and it got me thinking. (Surmise among yourselves if that's a good thing.) One thing he said in particular was very poetic in expression: "Letters contain such sentimentality for a lot of people, that it comes across as almost criminal to consign them to the flames." I am very much like that. (a bit of quixoticness peeping out, perhaps?) I save almost all the letters I receive. Of course letters are not popular anymore; they are the hard way to communicate. They used to be the only method of communication between estranged friends and family. I still enjoy getting a letter from one of my friends so much more than receiving two lines on facebook. Unfortunately I am very remiss in sending letters =) So. The end result of this rambling is that I should write more letters but probably won't. =) I will try to get a better letter-themed picture someday.
The wind is blowing like there's no tomorrow out there; it's chilly and quiet in the house.


  - Kansas Day-
Outside my window trees gently sway.
Typical windy Kansas day!
Although today the trees aren't gently swaying; they're dancing violently! 

A quote I found last night, for your personal edification. ;) "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself." Sam Levenson
And.. the grand conclusion to yesterday's post: This morning I was washing my face and when I reached for the towel to dry my face off, my arm knocked the hair brush off the counter. It landed about four inches away from the toilet! =) I seem to have a knack for this. 
And... almost forgot, I realized the other day that my blog name could be taken two different ways: Almost quixotic, or practical *and* quixotic. Just curious, which way did you interpret it?
 

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a juxtaposition. :) (Practical & quixotic). Love the song! :) I still have all the letters your daddy wrote me from Brazil...somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I kinda interpretated it both ways. :-) But then I rarely consider blog names, so my thoughts don't count. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy: of course they count! Thanks for commenting!
    Mom: Awww... :)

    ReplyDelete