Saturday, January 28, 2012

[peace]

Fear. This is something that most of us experience, some more than others. Some of us carry it around with us, unable to shake it off. Some rarely experience it.
I can point to two times in my life when I have 'lived in fear.' This is a terrible, terrible, experience. The fear grips you and will not let go. It's lurking in the background all the time, jumping towards every sentence you hear, putting it's negative twist on it. It will not be reasoned with. It performs acrobatics in your mind, imbedding itself ever deeper, whether you choose to think about it or push it down, hoping it will go away. 
I got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. And then, I realized.... I don't have to carry this burden. So I gave my fear, my future to God. And He took the fear, the burden, the worry all away from me. 
The second time it only took me a couple of days before I realized what was going on and decided to give it to God again. He is so powerful, more powerful than fear, more powerful than Satan. I am stunned by the power that He has over fear, and so grateful for the ability we have to give it to Him. We don't have to languish under it, we have a choice. And I pray that next time I fear, His voice will tell me to give it to Him, right away. He gives me an unspeakable peace in the face of scary things. Praise His name!

"Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28


This photo conveys peace to me because these people convey peace to me.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment