Thursday, March 24, 2011

[spring, burning, trees, flags, handsome brothers.. the whole nine yards]

 Umm.. when you take a picture every day, sometimes lots of them, it takes a little catching up when you miss... however many days I missed blogging :)
So yeah. I'm not going to say much; my pictures should speak for themselves. If you're wondering what the pictures at the bottom are all about, we burnt pasture today, like we do every year about this time. Right before the good native grasses start growing, we burn off to set back weed growth. And it's a good photo op :)
Oh, right, and the guitars? Our hugely generous uncle got Samantha and I both beautiful guitars! So that's what that's all about :)

Shaina
[one eighty two]
3.19.11

[one eighty three]
3.20.11



I found this guy in grandma's yard.. apparently my
uncle made him for a school project in highschool
and he was so ugly that grandma said that it was staying
outside, and if it got broken, good riddance!
Funny story because grandma really treasures
stuff that her kids and grandkids make. :)

2 of my 4 handsome bros :)


[one eighty four]
3.21.11

[one eighty five]
3.22.11








[one eighty six]
3.23.11













[one eighty seven]
3.24.11


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that last picture is the BEST EVER! I love the way the dirt clods on the ground fade away in ever-lighter layers.

    And by the way, I just heard the music on your site for the first time. (I usually have my speakers on mute, but I'm using a differnt computer right now.) Dark Waltz is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics Shaina!
    hmm..I need a photagrapher, want to fly up to Ohio come September. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rebekah!! That one was one of my favorites too :) Yes, it is a beautiful song :)
    Amy.. I would love to :)

    ReplyDelete