Sunday, August 21, 2011

[three thirty two-discontentment]

[three thirty two]
8.21.11

Something that creeps up on me so badly and so often is discontentment. Not as a whole attitude towards life, (such as my family, my position in life right now) but in small things, such as clothing and other 'stuff.' Yet these add up, if you let them. I have to remind myself, "If I'm not happy with the clothes that I have, I won't be happy with new ones." I need Jesus to be my all in all, to be the only thing I hunger and thirst for, to be my utmost joy.
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
i wuv feavewws.

i walked the creek from the farm to our house today by myself, and I collected lots of feathers :) And.. I put them in my cap, *naturally*!! Haha I walked in and Josiah goes, "Why are there feathers in your hat?" and I said, "There are *feathers* in my hat?!?! Are you sure?" haha.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean Shaina. I get that way too. It's easy for me to be content with the big things that I can't change anyway, like where I live, my family, being single, etc. but sometimes it's the little things like just having more stuff that gets to me. Guess we know how to pray for each other then, huh? ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do!! :) Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete