Wednesday, April 4, 2012

[baby island]

I found this book somewhere...I'm not sure where, and nabbed it to read to my little ones when I have them. I don't know about you, but a well done kids book just makes my day. It's one of my favorite things. I haven't read this one all the way through; it's a chapter book in the style of The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, but a bit shorter. I do want to read it sometime when I have the time, though. The illustrations are darling, a bit reminiscent of Indian Captive (one of my favorites growing up-by Lois Lenski) and it looks like a really fun book for 7-12 year old kids. I have a few pictures of some of the illustrations, and a couple shots of some cute parts in the book. Enjoy!





Yes. I want to write a book like this someday.

1 comment:

  1. You should! :) i didn't know you were reading Baby Island to the littles. I'm thinking I started it with them when we first moved to this house, they probably don't remember though. :)

    ReplyDelete