Tuesday, June 7, 2011

[two sixty two]

A while ago on Flickr I mentioned that these are not the best years of my life by any means. I tried not to convey the idea that I don't love my life now, and I hope that I didn't. But I would like to clarify what I meant further.

Although my life right now is wonderful, and I feel so amazingly blessed, I have come to realize that with increased age come increased responsibilities. That's a bit of a no brainer. But the one that many people don't realize is that with increased responsibilities come increased blessings! So, when I say that these are not the best years of my life, I by no means intend to say that I don't enjoy my life right now, but simply that I look forward with anticipation to the life ahead of me, the responsibilities ahead of me, and the blessings ahead of me. I hope to "rejoice in suffering" (Romans 5:3) and "persevere in doing good."  (Romans 2:7)

Today I sat alone by the creek and read C.S. Lewis' book "The Four Loves."
It was amazing and peaceful. I think I might have even gotten a little bit burnt :)
I dabbled my toes in the water. I listened to the wind in the
trees and watched the ripples on the water.
I enjoyed God's creation. I thought. I wrote.
I didn't bring my tripod, so I set my camera on the
opposite bank and made a wild dash for this one.

[two sixty two]
6.7.11



Some random "Get to know Shaina" facts:
1. I very, very rarely turn music up louder than it needs to be for me to hear it above the surrounding noise. When the other noise dies down, I turn my music down. I am the only one in my family I think that does that... am I weird that way? 
2. I went on a run today and saw an amazing sunset. When I got home I grabbed my camera and drove to where it was but I was too late. 
3. I love it when my neighbor comes and drinks tea with us and speaks German with our houseguest. The amazing thing is I can really get the idea of what they're saying most of the time. It's so cool. 
4. I like cut off sleeves on t-shirts. :) 
5. I want to write but the words haven't been coming.
The end. :)


"Christ, who said to the disciples, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends "You have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another."
~C.S. Lewis
I just love this because.. it's so true. And it reminds me of my friends :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your way of looking at responsibilities.

    Okay, I love your 1. because that's exactly what I do. :)

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yay I'm so glad someone else does that!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete